Storms 5147 Lovelace
Ames, IA 50013-0001
820 E. Highland Ave.
Ottumwa, IA 52501
To intern as a Computer Engineer in order to broaden my experience and
knowledge in network management, system design, and web applications, while
providing meaningful designs, ideas, and programming for my employer.
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
Major GPA: 2.77 Cumulative GPA: 2.04
Expected: Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineer, May 2000
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Perl, Assembly
- System Administration: DNS, Apache Web Server, Sendmail
- Network Management: 10baseT Networking, SNMP (network usage)
- Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, Unix (Solaris and Linux)
- Architectures: Intel, Sun, PC 104, Alpha, Power PC
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres SQL, FoxPro, MS Access, PHP3 (interface)
|January 1998 - January 1999
- Perl Scripts for the creation of new customers.
- Management of both on site and off site networks.
- Installed new Windows NT, Linux, and Solaris machines.
- Improved overall system performance
|September 1995 - August 1997
||Iowa State Solar Car
- PC 104 embedded system
- Designed a Telemetry system both hardware and software
- Designed a mobile computer console to collect and analyze the telemetry data
|July 1994 - December 1994
||Kemper National Services
||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Help create a computer training manual
- Secretarial Assitant
Miscellaneous Work Experience:
Repair of computer hardware, troubleshooting of computer and peripherals
equipment, installation of audio sound systems, sound and lighting system
operator, volunteer for emergency services after hurricane Andrew.
Honors and Activities:
- Eagle Scout
- Brotherhood of the Arrow
- National Honor Society
- Society of Mechanical Engineers Scholarship
- Excellence in Drama (technical coordinator)